For any of those unfortunate souls that have laid eyes on my natural, air-dried hair – you’ll know that I suffer from extreme frizz. I’m not one of those lucky ladies that was born with beautifully shaped hair; I don’t have naturally straight, wavy or curly hair. Instead, I was blessed with frizz. And in all honesty, my hair does require a lot of effort and maintenance to make it smooth.
Therefore, I’ll share with you my secret to frizz-free hair: A ceramic hair brush, a good blow-drying technique, and John Frieda’s Frizz Ease. Trust me when I say, this stuff creates miracles. They’re the only haircare products that work for me which aren’t steep in price. Therefore, I decided to share with you my Frizz Ease collection; All of which, you can now find on offer for 3 for 2 at Boots.
- Miraculous Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner: This is the best daily shampoo and conditioner for frizz-prone hair that I’ve ever used. Any time I use other products than these, I notice a massive difference in my hair (and not in a good way). I even noticed a big difference when I swapped the shampoo for a different one once – which I found very surprising, because I assumed that it was the conditioner which did all the frizz-fighting work. I’ve also used other shampoos and conditioners in the Frizz Ease collection, but I find the Miraculous Recovery set to be the best.
- Miraculous Recovery Intensive Masque: A great treatment for dry or damaged hair. I smooth these over my hair from roots to ends, after shampooing, and leave it on for five minutes. I use it once every week, and I’m left with smoother hair every time.
- Frizz Ease Heat Defeat Protecting Spray: This is the one heat-defence spray that I always return to. This makes blow-drying the frizz from my hair such a simple task. I spray it generously throughout my hair, before heat styling, and it easily dispels any frizz whilst protecting my hair. It also sprays nicely, in an even mist. Which is something I always look for in any heat-spray.
- Perfect Finish Polishing Serum: This product is a nostalgic and cult-favourite of mine. I say that, because I’ve been using this religiously for at least ten years. I use this after I have styled my hair; I pump a small amount of this onto my fingertips, rub my fingers together, and run it through my hair – focusing on the ends particularly. For years, this has been my ‘secret’ to counteracting frizz. It never fails to tame any ‘fly-aways’, and leaves a beautiful shine on my hair.
- Forever Smooth Anti-Frizz Primer: After I blow-dry my hair, I always find that I have issues with the ends of my hair. I guess because they’re the eldest part of my hair and most susceptible to damage, they always tend to be frizzier than the rest of my hair. That’s when this frizz primer helps. I usually rub two pumps of this product into my fingers, and run it through the ends of my hair while it’s damp. I find that it really helps to tame the frizz in those areas.
- Forever Smooth Blow Dry Styling Spray: If I’m to be honest, this is the one Frizz Ease product that I have to warm towards. Having only used it once, I’ll admit that I was disappointed with how little it worked. It also left my hair feeling too over-loaded with product, and felt ‘sticky’. However, this might be because I was supposed to use it alone and may have used to many other products in my hair beforehand. Also, I’d lost the nozzle-head of my hair-dryer when I used this, so my blow-drying skills weren’t the best. So I’ll have to give it another chance soon.
So that’s it! Those are all of my John Frieda Frizz Ease products. I was going to choose my favourites amongst the collection, but the truth is that (with the exception of the blow-drying spray) I love them all equally. If you have naturally frizzy hair, and don’t want to spend an enormous amount on premium haircare, then these are perfect for you.
I hope you found this helpful!